"This ElectroniCast report provides estimates of last year and a 10-year forecast of the consumption of fiber optic fusion splicer machines. The market forecast data are segmented by the following functions:
• Consumption Value (US$, Million)
• Quantity (Number/Each)
• Average Selling Prices (ASP $, each in Thousands)
The ElectroniCast global fiber optic fusion splicer market is segmented into the following major application categories:
• Private Enterprise Networks
• Cable TV/Multimedia
• Military/Aerospace (Commercial and MIL-SPEC)
• Specialty (intra-enclosure, test and measurement, rental units, harsh environment industrial, bio-photonics, sensors, laboratory, manufacturing/production of fiber optic components/devices, other applications, and non-specific uses)
This ElectroniCast report provides our estimates and forecasts of the consumption value of fiber optic fusion splicers, segmented into the following geographic regions:
• North America
o United States of America (USA)
• Latin / South America
o Middle East
• Asia Pacific
o Greater China Region
o Rest of Asia Pacific
ElectroniCast market data estimates and forecasts are also segmented by each of the following fusion splicer (machine) types:
Types of Fusion Splicers
Bench Top: Core-to-Core Single Fiber
Bench Top: Fixed Cladding Alignment Single Fiber
Micro/Handheld: Core-to-Core Single Fiber
Micro/Handheld: Fixed Cladding Alignment Single Fiber
Microsoft Excel- Data Base Structure At each database level, the ElectroniCast estimates and forecast for fusion splice machines is built from the bottom up, segmented by each machine –type, arranged in a hierarchy, of the types of fusion splicers, and summed upward; and the fusion splice machine per use (application) is arranged in a hierarchy and summed upward. The estimates and forecast for each fusion splicer (machine) type in each country and/or region is in terms of quantity (unit/each), value (US$ Million) and average selling price.
Market Forecast Data Tables:
The Excel File provides all report data Tables, plus extra data Tables
Excel Worksheet (2019-2029)
ElectroniCast Fiber Optic Fusion Splicer Market Forecast
Excel Data Table (2019-2029)
ElectroniCast Fiber Optic Fusion Splicer Market Forecast
Information Base for the Market Forecast
ElectroniCast analysts perform interviews with authoritative and representative individuals in the fiber optics industry plus telecommunications, datacom, military/aerospace and other communication industries, instrumentation/ laboratory – R&D and factory/manufacturing, from the standpoint of both suppliers and users of fiber optic fusion splice products. The interviews were conducted principally with:
• Engineers, marketing personnel and management at manufacturers of fiber optic fusion splice equipment, mechanical splice, connectors, transceivers, as well as laser diodes and photodiodes, application-specific ICs, packages, ferrules and cables, substrate materials, optical waveguide and other components used in the fabrication of optoelectronic transceivers, cable assemblies and installation apparatus
• Design group leaders, engineers, marketing personnel and market planners at major users and potential users of cable, cable assemblies, connectors, installation apparatus, passive devices and transceivers, such as telecommunication transmission, switching and distribution equipment producers, data communications equipment producers (switches, hubs, routers), computer and workstation producers, weapon system, aircraft and spacecraft electronic equipment producers, optical instrumentation system producers and others.
• Other industry experts, including those focused on standards activities, trade associations, and investments
The interviews covered issues of technology, R&D support, pricing, contract size, reliability, documentation, installation/maintenance crafts, standards, supplier competition and other topics. Customers also were interviewed, to obtain their estimates of quantities received and average prices paid, as a crosscheck of vendor estimates. Customer estimates of historical and expected near term future growth of their application are obtained. Their views of use of new technology products were obtained.
The analyst then considered customer expectations of near-term growth in their application, plus forecasted economic payback of investment, technology trends and changes in government regulations in each geographical region, to derive estimated growth rates of quantity and price of each product subset in each application. These forecasted growth rates are combined with the estimated baseline data to obtain the long-range forecasts at the lowest detailed level of each product and application.
Secondary Research A full review of published information was also performed to supplement information obtained through interviews. The following sources were reviewed:
Professional technical journals and papers
Trade press articles
Technical conference proceedings
Company profile and financial information
Information based on other relative ElectroniCast market studies
Personal knowledge of the research team
In analyzing and forecasting the complexities of the world region markets for fiber optic fusion splicers, it is essential that the market research team have a good and a deep understanding of the technology and of the industry. ElectroniCast members who participated in this report were qualified.
Bottom-up Methodology ElectroniCast forecasts are developed initially at the lowest detail level, and then summed to successively higher levels. The background market research focuses on the amount of each type of product used in each application in the base year (last year), and the prices paid at the first transaction from the manufacturer. This forms the base year data. ElectroniCast analysts then forecast the growth rates in component quantity use in each application, along with price trends, based on competitive, economic and technology forecast trends, and apply these to derive long term forecasts at the lowest application levels. The usage growth rate forecasts depend heavily on analysis of overall end user trends toward optical communication equipment usage and economic payback.
Cross-Correlation Increases Accuracy The quantities of fiber optic fusion splice devices/equipment, fiber cable, connectors, transceivers, transport terminals, optical add/drop MUX, photonic switches and other products used in a particular application are interrelated. Since ElectroniCast conducts annual analysis and forecast updates in each fiber optic related product field, accurate current quantity estimates in each application are part of this corporate database. These quantities are cross-correlated as a “sanity check.”
ElectroniCast, each year since 1985, has conducted extensive research and updated our multiple-client forecasts of numerous fiber optic product category. As technology and applications have advanced, the number of product subsets covered by the forecasts has expanded impressively.